Peoria Landmark #451
E.D. Edwards Generation Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Ameren near Bartonville, Illinois.
- Owner: Ameren Energy Resources Generating Company
- Parent Company: Ameren
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 780 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 136 MW (1960), 281 MW (1968), 364 MW (1972)
- Location: 7800 South Cilco Ln., Bartonville, IL 61607
- GPS Coordinates: 40.603589, -89.663447
AmerenCILCO’s E. D. Edwards Station, built south of Bartonville in 1960, is served by both Toledo Peoria & Western and Union Pacific. All coal presently arrives on the latter. The plant appears to receive at least one 135-car coal train each day. A loop track was opened in early 2004 to allow for more efficient railcar unloading.
Photo was taken from the boat launch at the Mendenhall Road Wetlands Area, just south of Bartonville. It was taken on a hazy overcast morning and wasn’t very impressive until I converted it into black and white… and voila!